Don Braden has performed as a leader or as a sideman in a vast array of venues. Concert halls include Carnegie Hall (Carnegie Hall Jazz Orchestra, McDonald's All American High School Band), Lincoln Center (Illinios Jacqueet Big Band, 1993 Battle Royale, Mos Def), Symphoy Hall in Boston (Wynton Marsalis) among many, many others. Club appearances include countless performances in New York's Village Vanguard, Blue Note, Sweet Basil (Sweet Rhythm), Birdland, and many others in the Americas, Europe, Japan, Russia and Australia. Braden has also been a featured artist at many universities, such as Harvard, Duke, University of Southern Florida, University of Louisville, Princeton, North Netherlands Conservatoire, William Paterson University, Cuyahoga Community College, Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, Wellesley College and many others. Television appearances include Saturday Night Live, David Brenner, Joan Rivers (all with Wynton Marsalis), and several others.
Upcoming Performance Schedule
As of June 2018
May 23: Dizzy's Club Coca Cola, with the Don Braden Quartet, with Brandon McCune - piano, Kenny Davis - bass, Jeremy Warren - drums. Earth Wind and Wonder CD Release Celebration!
June 2: Chris' Jazz Cafe, Philadelphia, PA with the Don Braden Quartet, with Brandon McCune - piano, TBA - bass, Jeremy Warren - drums. Earth Wind and Wonder CD Release Celebration!
June 15: Calvary Baptist Church, Garfield NJ, Father's Day Celebration with the Don Braden Quartet, with Brandon McCune - piano, Kenny Davis - bass, Jeremy Warren - drums.
July 1 - July 27: Don Braden is proud to be Music Director of theLitchfield Jazz Camp, which is available for attendance any or all weeks in this 4 week time frame. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (860)361-6285 for more info.
July 14: Warwick Town Center, Warwick, NY, with Don Braden/Karl Latham Big Fun(k).
- Don Braden Organix Group featuring Vanessa Rubin: Vanessa Rubin - vocals, Kyle Koehler - Hammond Organ, Dave Stryker - guitar, Cecil Brooks III - drums
- Big Fun(k): Karl Latham - drums, Nick Rolfe - keyboards, Gary Foote/Chulo Gatewood/Mark Peterson - bass
- Braden Michels Project: Julie Michels - vocals, Dave Restivo - piano, Keiran Overs - bass, Daniel Barnes - drums
- Braden/Rapp Project: Mark Rapp - trumpet, Art Hirahara - piano, Joris Teepe - bass, Alvin Atkinson - drums
- Contemporary Standards Ensemble (various musicians on trumpet, trombone, piano, bass and drums)
Don Braden as a Special Guest -- With his extensive high-level Jazz experience, positive energy, excitement and musicality, Braden is an outstanding guest soloist for any kind of ensemble. He's great with young people and pros alike. He has over 15 big band charts at various levels available, as well as 4 pieces for full symphonic orchestra (with Jazz quartet.)